Friday, August 25, 2006



What a difference a couple of weeks make!

As you can plainly see, after two weeks of torture, my friend has chosen freedom.

Compare this photo with the one previously posted. I think the jug of home-brewed whisky speaks for itself.

The original plan was that he and I would convoy up through the British Columbia wilds to Kenai. However, the problem of transporting guns through Canada has made this plan impossible. Therefore, I'll be transporting them on the ferry from Washington to the Kenai peninsula. I had hoped for another long driving adventure, but efficiency is far more important. Therefore, instead of living life through the eyes of a northern expedition a la Shackleton, you will live life through the eyes of a cruise ship.

Which shouldn't be too bad. Some people spend lots of money to travel along the Alaskan coast and take in the wildlife and vistas. I hope the pictures hold your interest.

Other related news is that the law firm has lost another experienced attorney in Ben. That leaves a handful of felony attorneys with any appreciable felony experience. I spoke with the judge in my court, and he's expressed serious misgivings at the prospect of inexperienced attorneys in his court. I don't blame him. As much as Placer County likes to think a good defense is not important, judges rely on defense attorneys to ensure they are not making mistakes. Mistakes put people behind bars. People like you.

The big move will proceed as planned. To the left is a picture of Alyeska; the ski resort where I will be for a public defender conference in October. I can't wait.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kristi. Feel free to visit whenever you want.

g

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've found employment now myself. Should start sometime in October. Perhaps I'll fly to Alaska before I start the new job. How is it? Your blog fans near to hear from you Gabe! We're all enjoying Ben's audio posts.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Northern Public Defender said...

Yes, for some reason my audio blog wasn't working. I've taken a bunch of pictures and will update you on the trip shortly.

g

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home