Monday, August 07, 2006



What a difference a day makes!

Well, my co-worker (the one who was supposed to convoy up with me) has received some interesting news today. As a result of that news, it sounds like he'll remain in California until he can get some issues resolved. What that means for me is that getting to Alaska has suddenly become a whole lot more complicated.

Without my friend, I will have to arrange my own transportation. The question is whether I should fix up my parents van, which may cost in the thousands, or try to purchase a vehicle here, which will not be Fairbanks ready (in terms of engine block and oil pan heater, etc).

The worst part is that I must make this decision tomorrow. Not a whole lot of time to consider the best approach. Hmph.

Either way, I spend a lot of money that I don't have. There is going to be a lot of creative financing in the next day or so...

2 Comments:

Blogger My home is Alaska said...

Sorry man. It might still turn out. I am so depressed right now. I always thought this would be the BEST thing ever but it makes me sad. Feel like an extremely wishy washy man who has just been appointed Professor of Wishy Washy Ness at Oxford University who can't make up his mind about whether to go. Bye shack. Bye Shana's husband. Bye lagers. Damn this.

8:19 PM  
Blogger My home is Alaska said...

BTW Gabe I think it is a mistake to buy a truck NOW. You aren't leaving for a while. Why not let me see about the I-140? You can always get a truck fast but it might not be necessary. I should know in about 2 weeks if we are going in September or April.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home